Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario is home to a number of wonderful charities that are dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of people in the region. From health and wellness organizations to social service agencies and environmental groups, there’s a wide variety of charities in Kitchener/Waterloo that are worth supporting. Here are the top ten charities in Kitchener/Waterloo:
- The Food Bank of Waterloo Region. This organization provides food assistance to individuals and families in need, and also operates a number of programs to support food security and healthy eating.
- The Grand River Hospital Foundation. This foundation supports the work of the Grand River Hospital, which is one of the largest hospitals in the region, by raising funds for equipment, programs, and research.
- The Canadian Mental Health Association, Waterloo Wellington. This organization provides a wide range of mental health services and supports to individuals in the region, and also works to raise awareness and reduce stigma around mental health issues.
- The Kitchener-Waterloo Humane Society. This organization operates a shelter for animals in need, and also provides a range of programs and services to support animal welfare in the community.
- The KW Counselling Services. This organization provides a range of counselling and mental health services to individuals, couples, and families in the region, and also offers a number of community programs and workshops.
- The United Way of Kitchener-Waterloo & Area. This organization supports a wide range of programs